Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Playing with Ribbon!!!


After a long time, I finally managed to make this card. This is for Yvonne,s Challenge and one thing I love about her challenge is that she inspires to learn a new technique and one then gets addicted to it. ( I was hooked to stamping after her challenge).
One thing about this card is that the center light pink blossom is a little imitation of a new wild orchid crafts flower. I loved that flower at the first sight but could not get hold of it. But that did not deter me and using my punch craft , I tried making one. The butterfly is covered with glass sequins. The background paper is CB embossed and distressed. And Now For the challenge--I had a hard time trying to get the loops right and after I completed the last loop, it all sprung back and then after two attempts, I finally used the hot glue gun. The dark blue ribbon is a gift from Yvonne and that thin silver lace flower string is bought from Bangkok by my sister. The pic is not very clear as it is taken in great hurry. This card also goes for the following challenges:
-------------------------------------------------
Please scroll down to view my quilled photoframe.
wish you all a very happy diwali. !!!

13 comments:

  1. wow you are one talented crafter, love the ribbon effect on the top card and I so admire those with the gift for quilling beautiful work. Thank you for sharing with us at SCSC this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a stunning card!!! I love those flowers and that beautiful butterfly and your quilling frame is amazing as well! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The card is amazing! So many lovely details...the butterfly...the ribbon treatment...the blooms! Just a gorgeous creation!

    And your quilling skills are superb! What a beautiful frame!

    Thank you so much for playing along with the challenge...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card, and I love the ribbon and the embossing, the butterfly is lovely too, thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter:107 Anything that Flies, Good luck, Hugs Bridget ;) x. SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anita, I love those little pink flowers too... will have to try making some... I don't go to many blogs... as I am on dial up and it takes over 30 minutes to download a site... I love your quilling too.. very nice work... all of what I have seen that you make is very lovely... Thanks for becoming a follower... and I do hope you enjoy... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning creations. I just love all the textures and flowers. The quilling is beautiful! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Anita, the card is gorgeous, worth all the effort u put in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much of effort and such a beautiful result...I love love the butterfly and those flowers are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh this is lovely, Anita. Love the bling and the ribbon loops. Now this is something I'd love to try too...
    Thanks for playing along with my challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooooo pretty.. Loved the soft colours & punched flowers a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.