Thursday, January 27, 2011

OUT IN THE GARDEN....



This is my first experiment with extented background. Although , I love scrapbooking, but this is something I never tried before and it was really a fun thing to do. To extend a photograph on to the paper, its really something worth trying. And this I learnt from Yvonne's blog. I,m really inspired by her. I,ve learnt a lot from her. Misting, stamping, creating amazing backgrounds-- all I've learnt from her.
This is my daughter when she was 8 years old, enjoying a summer afternoon in a picnic garden. I,ve extended the background by dabbing water colour directly from the tube, misting and some hand cut paper. I added some marble chips to give a little rocky effect. This is my first try so, may be it is not so good, but I enjoyed making this. And that is more important isn't it?

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Anita, this is just gorgeous! I love how you've totally made this your own! The watercoloured background and misting is superb...your girl looks like she is in a beautiful garden! Those marble chips add that little bit of dimension and texture! :) You are truly an artist!!!

    Thank you so much for playing along! I'm so glad that I could inspire you to try new techniques. I really appreciate your support in playing along with the challenges on my blog always. You rock!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful..now you've inspired me to try and give this a shot..absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow,this s so beautiful,grt work anita:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow and wow again. This is truly art - you should frame it

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely!! superb work! great try Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, really beautiful work, so depth in it, so artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is soooooooooo beautiful, do frame this n keep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes! This is a piece of art! It's magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow grt one, what a artistic imagination, really u impress us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love;y layout anita....loved the pebles it adds a great dimension...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a blog award for you!
    http://colorconceptions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! This is beautiful Anita! Its hard to tell where your photo finishes and your artwork begins!! Love the addition of the little pebbles too! Absolutely stunning creation! Thanks so much for taking my challenge and congratulations for winning!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.