Friday, May 6, 2011

ITS YOUR DAY



Blessed are those people in the world who continue to bask in the shelter of their mother's love. A LOVE SO PURE AND UNCONDITIONAL! Her day begins with her family and ends thinking about them and wishing them well. Let us all do a little extra not only on mother's day but everyday to bring a smile on HER face.
My mom has given me everything that I ever asked for. NOne of my problems are solved without her help. She is always there for me and has been encouraging me since I was a child.Even a silly scribbling got words of praise. She is almost 70 now, but she is full of life(her energy and enthu puts me to shame at times) and never sits idle. She has taught me to be strong and hopeful in all situations. Whatever I,m today, its because of her.I wish I could be as good to my children as she has been to us and I know that even if I try,I can come even close to her.

Here is a card dedicated to my mom.

This is an easel card and the poppies are digi images collected from free colouring pages. Supplies used are: Fabriano Bianco card stock, PP ,MS border punches, Spellbinders-scalloped ovals, MS monarch butterfly punch, Memento inks-rhubarb stalk and colouring by staedler colour pencils. CB embossing and then heat embossed the design.

This goes for the following challenges:


Excuse me for the poor picture quality.

Enjoy your weekend!!



24 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card..and wonderful dedication to your mom
    !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita....your words have touched me and i already miss mom now!! Thsi is a gorgeous card and am sure mommy dearest wld love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your card. Thanks for playing with us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tribute to your wonderful mother! :)

    Love the pretty colours and the lovely details! Thanks for playing along with my guest Alice's stitching challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty! such beautiful colors and wonderful tribute to your mother. she will love this! thank you so much for playing along!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You make many beautiful cards! You have definitely found your niche, my friend. Thank so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind words! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful !!mommy is sure to love this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card anita,love the coloring.Thanks for playing along in my challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey lovely card anita... and the words are so touching....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Card.... :)

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. I love the butterflies.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very beautiful card, Anita. I love your flover image, beautiful embossing and colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
    hugs Ula

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful card that image the colours and design look gorgeous thank you for joining us at Aud sentiments
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. very very pretty card. Thanks for joining our Mother's Day challenge at AIF this week.
    Tammy DT Lead

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card - so glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soo pretty!.. love the flowers and your colouring is amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a lovely easel card! the butterflies & your paper are stunning! thanks for playing along with us at AiFactory & hope to see you again real soon sweetie! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful card! Like it!
    Thank you for playing with Little Miss Muffet Stamps! Hope to see your works again!
    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  19. very cute card anitha.Liked your blog
    anandhirajan
    http://www.anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful MOM card! Thanks for coming to my blog and becoming a follower...I'm following you, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.