Friday, August 26, 2011

ALTER IT ALL!!!


HELLO!!!
Nowadays, I,m so short of time that I wish I had more than 24 hrs in my day. Today, I made 8 cookie and treat boxes. All samples to go for a bakery shop in my area and about 8 gift money envelopes. And then when I thought I,m done for the day, just loitering through all the blogs as TP , I suddenly realised that tomorrow is the last day for the Lessology DT Challenge.

Now this is one blog where the best of best crafters will inspire us with their creations and Yvonne being my favourite, I had decided to play along. Although, amongst,
such taleneted lot, I hardly stand a chance, but getting comments from them will also be a treat.
So, off I went hunting for used items fit for recycle and I collected these!!!!
I have altered the cornflakes box, the tea sachet box and the price tag from my new dress into gift bag and a cookie/chocolate box. Note the doiey and the center flower has been cut on the Sd Machine . The picture quality is not very good as they have been taken with mobile phone camera. My Digi Cam had to be recharged fully and I did not have patience to wait. I have given a heavy look to the box and to balance it, the cookie box has been given a simple look. And I have just used half the tag. Now after doing this, I,m convinced that we can alter our waste boxes and bags and give them a new look altogether.

supplies: cornflakes box, tea box and price tag, fabriano blue and dark blue paper, dotted paper from a local store, scor-pal, spellbnders, stamp-my own creation, distress inks-tumbeled glass and memento-paris dusk, ribbons from my stash, silhouette die cuts, MS border punch, tim holtz-swirl dies, butterflies-itsy bitsy



25 comments:

  1. Such a spectacular project. All matching and gorgeous! Hats off to you!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazingly gorgeous! lovely colors and very well recycled... All the best for the DT call...

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful love the colours and your use of recycling fab thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! This is an amazing transformation Anita! I love the colours and the level of detail on this! Awesome upcycling! :)

    Thanks for trying out for the LESSology design team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable transformation Anita. I love all of the recycling you did on this project. This set is so pretty. I love the flower and the butterflies.

    Thank you so much for auditioning for the new LESSology team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boxes are too beautiful,.love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I loved the up-cycling... I see a lot of them into it & doing wonders.... World would surely be a better place to LIVE!!!!

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL!!!GORGEOUS!!!LOVELY!!!AWESOME!!! FANTASTIC!!!FABULOUS!!!OK now I am short of word...So last one MIND BLOWING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant job, turned out wonderful, love the colours you chose, thanks for playing with us at the papercrafting journey, good luck, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you upcycled all those waste packages into such beautiful things. Really brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anita

    What fantastic creations - just awesome - I can't believe what you have made by recycling those packages.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous job with altering these boxes, they look wonderful & so useful :)
    Thanks for joining us at TPS this week.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is a spectacular project. Good way to recycle. Love it!! Thanks for joining Tuesday Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. all hv turned out so pretty !! i love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!.. BEAUTIFUL!!.. love the pretty bag!! :D
    sooo soo awesome!.. LOVE the detailing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at TPS ……..

    Hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anita! that'incredible, you have created a couple of wonderful jobs using two useless objects! I particularly love your stunning flowers...

    Thank you for joining us at Deep Ocean this fortnight, hugs, Francesca.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful altering. Those are lovely! Your flowers are incredible. Thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Flower Power Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a great idea, absolutely beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this project! So resourceful and turned out so pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. How incredibly cool is that? I will never look at a cereal box the same way! :-) Beautiful job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my godddd these are spectacular!!! You should apply for the ICR DT post girl. YOU rock!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really fantastic :) I love all your works:) Really superb :)

    http://merlyn-fineartgallery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.