Sunday, August 28, 2011

TOTALLY HANDMADE



Hello!!!!
Another week has begun and God knows what new creative ideas will take shape. I know that cardmaking can be very addictive. I try to steal a few moments from my very busy life to create at least one card. And with so many tempting challenges out there,
I get very frustrated when I,m unable to find time to make one.
Now , this card here is certainly not my style. Its a little towards CAS but the flower is not simple at all. It is made with scalloped circle punch of various sizes and then each circle is trimmed and shaped and all of them are layered together. It looks like a peony and I,m very happy the way it has turned out.
The paper is scored into a lattice pattern using the scor-pal and then a grungy type of distressing with a light pink shade(Do not remember the name) gives that shaded look.
The faux stitching is done with staedler stabilo red pen.
This card is based on the Moxie Fab world square sketch challenge-week-1 and there are three more sketches and that means more cards in the following week.

Challenges:


18 comments:

  1. Very pretty,love the flower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya not your style for sure,but its looking gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita... Your card is beautiful! I love the scored lines and all the stitching! Your flower is so precious! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. B'ful! So much of details... lovely score lines..

    ReplyDelete
  5. very elegant Anita.Love your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anita! Thanks for linking this up to the Square Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That flower is beyond gorgeous. Love the CAS layout, really lets the flower shine! Thank you for joining us at Phindy's Place make your own embellishment challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Gorgeous flower!!! Thanks for joining us at Phindy`s Place. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so fun, love that flower, thanks for sharing!
    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! Love the flower and the background looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!.. LOVE the flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Flower....

    http://www.paintingsonline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous flower Anita, lovely
    thanks for joining the PCI challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Creation I Love your work and hope to see more of it

    Thanks for Joining us atPaper Creations Ink

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super LIKE! I love the flower :) You should make a tutorial on how to make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful and the flower is just GORGEOUS, Anita! I love it! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...I'm a new follower and I just love your blog! Your projects are amazing!! :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. really pretty flower. I made a card like this too once upon a time! It didnt have scored lines but a hand cut lattice grid. aah used to take me so long back then to make a single card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.