Wednesday, September 28, 2011

ALTERED BOX


Hello !
I,ve wanted to do this since along time was so short of time that I kept postponing it. This box's future was written, the moment it came into my hands today, gave it a new look. Lots of recycling and used stuff goes into it's making. It is also my first attempt to make a shabby chic project. Now chic or not but shabby it is for sure!! LOL. There is a second box also but that has to wait.
This box will hold all my precious keepsakes! Those stupid romantic things, small notes and bits of this and that. A totally recycled project, I love the new look. I,ve painted the inside with acrylic colours.
First I wrapped the whole box in a very old newspaper and the distressed it with inks-vintage photo, forest moss and aged mahogany.
Then some fussy cutting of CTMH paper and stuck it on the box. Highlighted it with paint and marker.

All the decoration that you see are all kept from gift wrappings or picked up from my tailor's shop.

Sentiments are from Fiskars.
This goes to these challenges:

So, Please give me your feedback as your encouraging words always inspire me to create better.

24 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous!!!Loved the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!love the rich, warm colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This looks amazing Anita! Love the pretty papers that you used and that gorgeous bling! :)

    What a beautiful box to store those love notes!!! :)

    Thanks for joining us at LESSology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super stuff...couldn't create vintage and shabby chick even if my life depended on it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome creation, thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super duper awesome ... what a fabulous creation you have done here .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the transformation its amazing!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation Anita. I love the jewel and those lovely butterflies. Thank you so much for playing along at LESSology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. an amazing box, such beautiful details.Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. its just wow Anita!!!! Lovely recycling and the shabby vintage look has come out so well! Sheer Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful Anita. What a lovely keepsake box...looks better than my show box...I had better get cracking and tidying mine up now.
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday'

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Anita...its me again..so sorry pushed the wrong button, should have said thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy...but you can link up to MIM if you want to, too lovely not to share, and I meant shoe box, not show box...must be tired...lol..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a special box! You can tell you put your heart into it. Thanks for the sweet words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you've done here! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous work...love how you fussy cut the patterns out! Thanks so much for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow a stunning creation with lots of recycled goodies! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is AWESOME! I love love love love the embellies you used! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how did i miss seeing this beauty-- awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love what you did. Beautiful. Reading what you did. Perhaps in the summer. I can try to make one for my friend who will be 80 as well as making a album I have started. She would love that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.