Monday, October 31, 2011

FIRST CHRISTMAS CARD





CARD MAKING IS ADDICTIVE!!! I discovered this when during the festival, I became very irritated and blew up everyone who came in my way. Then, I went to my craft room and started on this card and soon I calmed down. I have realized that if I make at least one card in two days, my mind is at peace.
So here is my first Christmas card. This is very special for me because the Santa is from the Magnolia Tilda world, a rak from Piali and I just love this stamp. On the whole, I really enjoyed making this card as red and white is my favourite colour. There will be more christmas cards coming here on the blog so keep a watch.

supplies-fabriano cardstock, PP from Itsy Bitsy and computer generated, snow flakes punch from Jeff, Holly leaf Punch, staedler water colour pencils, Poinsettia flower-self made, pie lane glitter balls and ribbon and bling from stash, bells are hand cut and embossed in CB, MS doiley lace border punch, distress ink-barn door.

Challenges:
Catered crop-colours(green, jewel tone), theme-christmas, distress inks, polka dots, gems, glitter, jingle bells.

P.S-I,ve got an extra set of the following things.Please email me if you are interested.
Tim Holtz distress inks- Faded Jeans, spice Marmalade and Tumbled Glass.
Cuttlebug Embossing folder-floral fantasy
Tim Holtz Mask-concerto.


23 comments:

  1. I love christmas cards too and they should be red and white isnt it!! Those bells and snowflakes are awesome and so beautiful your poinsettia looks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes crafting souls need to craft to stay sane!! I am happier creating than seeing TV and I am sure some folks find that weird!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a fab card Anita!!! will set in the right festive mood:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas card! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely X'mas card! Love the layers and textures! Glad you could craft to keep stress at bay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card
    thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita, what a great card! Love the image and all the details, wonderful colour combo as well. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Sweet Stampin'. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Anita!

    Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes challenge this week at Pollycraft!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, love all the details. You've colored the image perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe - I know what you mean! I get itching fingers too! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab! Thank you for joining our anything goes challenge this week at Charisma!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Christmas card, just love the Magnolia Santa. Thanks for sharing your project in our Bingo challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time. Hope to see you again next time.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is cute.. Love the Santa stamp... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anita I attempted some punchcraft inspired by you and have linked to you. Do check it out

    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com/2011/11/punchcraft-flowers-photo-frame-recycled.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cardmaking is definitely addictive... Your card is very appropiate for our challenge so thanks for taking part in our 5th challenge at Crafty ribbons!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEautiful coloring and fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I agree, definitely addictive!! I am another that would rather craft that watch TV & lots of people do find it strange! Gorgeous card & wonderfully embellished. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this, awesome coloring too!!!thanks for joining us at SSCB! Blessings!!

    Holley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! I love this image! I love seeing how you were inspired by my projects!

    ~Cheryl~ (Guest Chef for the Catered Crop)
    ** Check out my blog candy **

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, crafting soothes the savage beast. What an adorable card. You're helping me get into the Christmas spirit for sure. Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabbie card!.. Christmas fever is catching on! :)
    Cardmaking does help! :)
    LOVE the cutie digi and the flakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely lovely! i like that image and love all the tiny details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What impeccable coloring! You just inspired me to make some Christmas cards... Hmmm.. :)

    Love,
    Shruti

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.