Sunday, October 2, 2011

MEMORIES FOREVER




Hello everyone!!
I wish all my friends a very Happy Navratri!! For my international friends, Navratri is a nine day festival celebrated all over India when Goddess Durga is worshipped with in all the Hindu households. People fast for nine days and there is a frenzy in the air. There is dance, music and lot of happy excitement that fill the atmosphere. In West Bengal, the Durga Puja (worship) is celebrated for five days and beautiful pandals with life size images of the Goddess adorn the whole city. The artmanship of the statues and the pandals is so beautiful that at times you will not be able to say what is fake and what is real. This is a festival to celebrate the triumph of good over evil!

So let us all kill the negative feelings within us and let positivity rule.



...............................................................................................................................................

Now on to some crafting!!! Lately, I ve found card making to be very the
rapeutic! A great stress buster. Specially for me, it works wonders. And if the results are as desired then it adds a lot to my confidence.

This is one such card.



I love this colour combination as these sunny colours really perks up my spirit. When I think of the colour yellow, the first flower that comes to my mind are daisies and so I had to add them here. I,m following the colour scheme from CR84FN39 here and the photo inspirations at cupcake challenge.

supplies: elle fabriano dark brown, PP-Echo Park-country drive DP. distress inks-marmalade and cocoa brown, ribbon from stash, MS double loops punch, fiskars-treading waters, Spellbinders Labels And sentiments from Fisakrs, memento tuxedo black. flowers-punch crafted using bunch punches, butterflies-stampendous

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Anita...the ribbon is a real stand out...the flowers are gorgeous..love the verse.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous card, just love the color combo, n ur punch craft flowers look lovely as usual.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very pretty card... Lovely colors and so are your punched flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win! Totally deserved! And I love those flowers, good to see you putting all the new stuff to such wonderful use :D

    And yes, Happy Navratri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my favorite color combo too.... I would love to work on something similar very soon.... And yes! Kudos on making it to the TOP 3 @ Crafty Emma's Store.... It is an awesome space & you've made us all proud... Wishes & Hugs)))

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita I simply love the flower embellishment :)
    Its a gorgeous card ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a beauty-- how do you make such awesome flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm felling so J that u r pandal hopping :( i'm missing calcutta....... Pretty combo n lovely flowers !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful...I love the way you create punch craft flowers...it just seems so amazing!! love the sentiment!
    congrats on your win..totally deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabbie card!.. The flowers are gorgeous! :D
    Beautiful pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome flowers.. :-).. and super colour combo.. I am in the orange phase now so love everything orange... :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.