Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Delicate Doily card

Hello to all!!!!

Its been so tiring for me since last 1 days as I was down with severe eye infection. This was so terrible that I cannot explain. I,m finally back with my healthy eyesight and bring to you a very simple card that highlights the new release doily dies.
The beauty of this card lies in the simple use of doilies with a square design. Yes!!!!! these are square shaped doilies. and it has detachable center that can be used on paper to cut out indiviual mini doilies or even create a tile like pattern that I have done in my card here,
For my card , I have cut out two pieces of Royal Scandinavian Square doily and placed both together as shown. Before that , I distressed the center of one die cut with distress inks.
For the tile pattern below, I placed the centre small square piece on a cardstock, adhered it with scotch tape and cut through my die cut machine. Then I placed that same die next to this cut pattern and run through the machine again. This I repeated again to get this pattern.
Some ribbon and a simple sentiment and there you are !!! A card with such intricate cut work can be made in minutes. Thats the beauty of these dies. They make simple cards look elegant.
So do have a look and enjoy the intricate details of this beautiful die.


                                                                        closer view

supplies

Royal scandinavian doily (set of two )
Inverted scalloped oval XM 9
scor pal for scoring
distress inks-evergreen bough
ribbon and bead from stash.

The  new challenge is Vintage, So get going and do send in your entries to win 20 $ shopping spree.
Do stop by and leave some words. Thanks  !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your card is very beautiful and elegant. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.