Wednesday, March 30, 2016

ALTENEW MARCH CHALLENGE WITH MAGNOLIA

Hello friends,

Spring is here in India.. it is quite warm although but still the weather is quite nice. This is the time of the year when lot of festivities go on and I love the meeting, fun and entertainment.
I am so relieved today as now , I am free to take part in all the celebrations.
So here I am showing my first de-stress card. I call all my Altenew cards as DE-STRESS cards as they really release all my tension and stress and perk my falling mood.

Here I am playing along the March Challenge and for this card, I have tried to maintain the theme of the inspiration picture. I have given the look of a maze using the Tonic die and have created drooping magnolia branches along with tiny floral sprays from the Beautiful Day stamp set. I like combining more than two stamp sets together and it gives a lot of character to my cards.
I have painted the Magnolias with Zig brush pens on Brustro water colour paper and then cut them out.
I used the Tonic die to cut out a semi circle and then also cut out the two corners. Then, I distressed it with Mowed lawn and Peeled Paint Distress inks and spritzed some water on top. I stamped the floral spray image from the Beautiful Day Stamp set in Aged Mahogany and coloured with Zig markers.
The Magnolias are coloured by the no line colouring method.

So here is the card with the inspiration picture.






Challenge




16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those flowers and your card are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my the coloring is incredible :) beautiful card !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card design! Gorgeous colours and layout. Have signed up to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Anita...I visited your older posts too and watched a couple of videos....amazing work! I know I am going to enjoy following your blog!
    Paper Hugs from Salem, Oregon, USA
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... gorgeous! thanks for sharing your artistic talent:) hugs to india..sincerely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You really deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.