Wednesday, March 2, 2016

BOTANICAL BLUES




Hello !!!!

Card making is a favourite obsession of mine and not day goes by when I do not make a card. I also find it very stress relieving. And water coloured cards are so beautiful and if adorned with flowers, then their beauty is enhanced much more. Add a flower to your project, and see the difference. 
And if those flowers are made with Heartfelt Creations, then the project looks just WOW !!!
This is my most favourite brand because it has the most versatile stamp and dies for flowers that helps flower lovers like me try out something new and unique everytime. 
In this card too, I have tried a new technique. 
I have used my stencil Cosmic swirls with  Rangers texture paste to create a textured background and generously applied distress inks-peacock feathers, scattered straw and peeled paint to create this turquoise aqua combination. The colours look so vibrant and fresh. After it dried, I rubbed some Inka gold on the surface to give a golden hue to my background. Then, I cut my panel into two and distress the edges and used it on my card along with a strip of patterned paper from the sunrise lily paper pad to break the montony.



I stamped an image from the Botanical Rose Bouquet stamp and coloured it with my zig markers. I painted two such images because I wanted to create a layered embellishment for my card. This method highlights any stamped image. I cut two die cuts from the Spellbinders card creator dies and positioned it on my background. Then , I placed my stamped and layered rose along with twine.
The two sentiments are also from the Sunrise Lily collection. I have applied some crackle paint on top to give it a worn out crackled look. The rest of the background is stamped with the botanical rose stamp with versafine black ink to balance it with the coloured image in the centre. Then I sprinkled some Prima glass beads to add a little texture and further enhance the beauty of my card.


list of supplies 
Hearfelt Creations Botanical Rose Cling stamp
Heartfelt Creations Sunrise Lily paper pad
Spellbinders Card creator die
Cosmic swirl stencil 
Rangers Texture paste
Distress inks
Rangers Crackle paint.

Please do vote for me HERE and more of your favourite crafters to help me reach the Final Design team selection for Heartfelt Creations. I am so thankful for your love and support. Please do become a follower. I would love to show my work to you.
I hope you enjoyed this post. 
Thanks and happy crafting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments inspire me.