Tuesday, March 15, 2016

MOONBEAMS AND WATER LILIES

Hello friends ,
Dreams do come true..... all you have to do is be after it.
Creativity has no and when it gets wings, then the flight is till the infinity. You imagine , explore and realise that creativity can open doors to many wonders hidden inside you.... so friends... today , I have table top art decor piece in the form of a miniature lily pool adorned with beautiful water lilies from Heartfelt Creations.
Have you ever been to a water lily pond ??? Well I had never also until I received the Winking Frog collection and there lay in front of me all the little details of a water lily pond... The frogs, water lilies, lily pads, dragonflies, cattails etc. And to visual the actual details, I went to a little pool in the nearby park. There I could see the beauty of this natural wonder and I thought .. why not bring it home forever...and thus came to my mind , the idea of creating a miniature water lily pond.
I always believe that to give the realistic effect to any hand made project , one must actually first grasp the details of the real object.
And Heartfelt Creations has all the accessories to help me make my creations.

So I studied in detail , the curves and bends of the leaves and petals, their colour hues, their layering, the way they hold themselves and the pollens etc.
 I gathered that Water lilies are very delicate flowers with large heads and they actually rest upon oversized lily pads spread across the pond. In, fact some of them are so big, its difficult to see the water beneath.

Here are some pics courtesy Google to give you an idea.






And so I started on a beautiful task of making my own water lily pond. I have used several techniques of mixed media to create the natural look of water.
The water is coloured that dark murky deep bluish green shade.
And then there are the beautiful water lilies made both in paper and vellum to bring out the natural beauty of this delicate flower.
The essence here is to create a calm , serene , romantic moonlit night where music is filled in the air . So do go through the pictures to dwell in the natural surroundings ... to feel loved.


Here are my pictures of my creation.






This is actually my version of an easel card. The project measures 8 inches by 12 inches and can be placed erect on any flat surface. I have used a lot of mixed media techniques here. The flowers are made in both cardstock and vellum and so are the leaves. I have embossed the leaves with super fine gold embossing powder. The colours are all from cosmic shimmer sprays.I loved the result. It looks so natural . Hearfelt creations has all the required products to bring out the beauty of a project.
This is one of the main reason that I want to be in the design team because through my projects I can reach out to all my crafty friends all over the world .. to show them what wonderful projects can be created with these. I know, I can do magic with HC products. 


So if you would like to see me reach the finals, please vote for me HERE

You can see my Heartfelt Creation projects HERE 

I hope you enjoyed your moments at my little lily pond.... Let this feeling linger forever!!!!

Do leave your comments and few good word.

Supplies
 HC Open leaf set 
HC classic leaf set
The Winking Frog-pattern paper

Happy crafting !!!!









6 comments:

  1. SUperb!! No adjectives to describe its beauty!! Have already voted for you!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous lilies anita, beautifully conceptualized. have done the voting for you. my best wishes to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... no words.. it is just awesome..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me.