Hello Crafty Friends!
Welcome to the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. I'm Anita here.
Today, I have my favourite thing on the post for you - stamped flowers. Stamping is really relaxing and colouring stamped images can be a real stress buster. I love colouring the floral stamps from the new ECD release. These are so lovely. You can check them out here. I have given a soft delicate look to the flowers by stamping some of them on vellum.
Here is my card, followed by a tutorial showing how to make it.1. Using light pink ink, stamp the flower three times onto a 4" x 6" White Soft Finish Cardstock rectangle, once at a corner and twice across the other side, cropped off the rectangle as shown below. Note that on the finished card the two flowers stamped in pink will be at the TOP of the card.
2. Using white pigment ink, stamp the same flower five times onto vellum. Sprinkle with super fine white embossing powder. Heat set. Cut out the flowers.
3. Colour two flowers using watercolour pencils. Set aside the other flowers, not coloured.
4. Using the Leaf Pocket die, cut a center panel for the card front. Then cut the middle out of the flower stamped panel, fussy-cutting around the flowers and leaving a narrow border/frame. Add it to the Leaf Pocket, using narrow Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to secure it (Tape ONLY around the frame).
5. Add pink patterned paper behind the Leaf Pocket panel and trim the sides flush with the 4" x 6" rectangle. Distress the edges with light pink ink that was used to stamp the flowers.
6. Adhere the uncoloured vellum flowers, topped with the coloured flowers as shown. Bend petals upward slightly to add dimension. Options: Add leaves that were die cut with Susan's Garden Notes - Tulips die, as shown, and shaped per her instructions. Or stamp, emboss, and color several leaves from the same stamp set as the flower.
7. Accent the background with some enamel dots. Add some texture to the flowers and leaves using dimensional paint.
8. Using black ink or any dark color of choice, stamp the sentiment onto White Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut with a die from the Stitched Fishtail Banners set. Mount on the next larger size Stitched Fishtail Banner cut from Rich Black SFC. Add a white half-pearl to the left of the sentiment.
9. To finish the card front, add a double mat around the flower panel, one layer measuring 5.5" x 6.5" and the other 5.75" x 6.75". Adhere to a side-fold card base, 6" x 7".
Another look at the finished card:
SUPPLIES Elizabeth Craft Designs -
Spring Blooms Clear Stamps
Spring Blooms Dies
General Sentiments Clear Stamps
ModaScrap Leaf Pocket
ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners
Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
Pink patterned paper
White super fine embossing powder
White Pigment Ink
Archival Inks in Pink and Black
Dimensional paint in White or Gold, Green
Dimensional paint (Optional)
Do leave your comments! Thanks for stopping by.