Hello friends. Welcome to the ECD blog. Colouring is such a beautiful way to release stress and tension. Colours bring a smile to every face and I love the whole process of colouring. I would call today's card 'Fun colouring' because the images are simple to colour and the results are amazing. I have used masking to create the moonlit sky. The cats out there are having a good time... Have a look .
To make this card, follow the instructions below.
1. Cut watercolour paper to 6" x 4". Die cut a 2.5" circle to create a mask for the moon and position the circle, centered, toward the top of the watercolour paper. Then use Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot and Tumbled Glass to create the night sky.
2. Remove the mask. Ink the moon with Distress Ink in Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw. Shade a bit around the circle to create the halo effect around the moon. Stamp dragonflies in the night sky (as shown).
3. Using permanent black ink, stamp the images from Purr Clear Stamps. Colour with Zig Real Brush Pens or other markers of choice. Cut with coordinating dies.
4. Cut another piece of cardstock for the brick wall (just slightly wider than the rectangle from step 1). Hand draw wall with Zig Real Brush Pens. Adhere the wall in front of the moon as shown in the project photo.
5. Arrange and adhere the coloured and die cut cats, fish bones, and bowl using foam tape for dimension.
6. Die cut the word 'party' from black cardstock. Hand-write the word 'Let's' on white cardstock, cut as a small banner and border with black cardstock. Adhere these pieces toward the bottom left.
7. Add a white mat, visible at the left and right of the moon piece. Then layer the finished card front onto a 5" x 7" black card stock side-fold card base.
Here's another look at the finished card
I hope you like my super cool cat card. Do visit the ECD store for so many amazing products. Have a nice day and happy crafting!
SUPPLIES: Elizabeth Craft Designs - Purr Clear Stamp set Purr die set Party die Watercolour paper Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape Beacon Kids Choice Glue
Other - Cardstock in black and white Inks - Permanent ink in Black; Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw Foam tape Zig Real Brush Pens
Simonsaysstamp wednesday challenge